Posted by Don Sharp on Sunday, Nov 8th, 2009.
I recently took a fall and broke my leg and reinjured an old fracture in my elbow. Surgery was required for both my leg and arm and I have been inactive for the past few weeks. I am recovering and am back to work now, but it will be a couple more weeks before I am walking without crutches. When something like this happens a person can spend his recuperating time feeling sorry for himself, or he can focus on the goodness of family and friends and count his blessings for all he has. I choose to count my blessings. My family, friends, and school staff have made my recovery time much smoother than it would have been without them. I will never forget the good wishes, food, and prayers that were sent my way. I look forward to being back in good health and getting back to all the school activities that I have been missing.
Posted by Don Sharp on Sunday, Sep 13th, 2009.
It's hard for me to believe that we are already entering our 5th week of this school year. We had a bit of a staff shake-up last week. Our high school Spanish teacher resigned three weeks into the year for an opportunity in another state. Spanish is a very difficult position to fill during the summer months, much less after the school year has begun. We were able to fill the position and feel very fortunate to have done so. Hopefully the Spanish classes will hardly miss a beat.
Posted by Don Sharp on Sunday, Aug 23rd, 2009.
Volleyball season starts this week. I am glad the weather has been rather mild for this time of the year. It is usually hot in the gym during the first few weeks of volleyball and pee wee basketball. I am sure it will be warm in there this week, but maybe it won't be as bad as usual. Good luck to all of our athletic teams this year. As long as they give their best effort the year will be a success.
Posted by Don Sharp on Sunday, Aug 16th, 2009.
School starts in 3 days. It is one of my favorite times of the year. I look forward to the first day of school all summer long. I expect it to be a great year. Please remember to be safe and watch out for the kids standing at the bus stops.